Friday, December 18, 2009

More on Metz


In Metz, I...

Saw this cool church


Hung out with these lovely ladies



Saw this cool floor downstairs in the crypt of that cool church.
Can you tell what the different designs/symbols represent?


Took a picture of the entry way and doors of the church.

Ate this. Do you know what it is? Have you ever had it?
Do you like it?


Bought this and later found a surprise in it.


Discovered the joy of yogurt. If you are French, and don't like yogurt,
there may be something wrong with you. These TWO aisles are full of yogurt!

Saw what some might be eating for Christmas dinner.
Remember, in the Christmas Carol (the one with Scroge),
what did he end up buying them for Christmas dinner?

Saw the world's smallest potato.

...and some other different kind of vegetables.
Do you know what this is?

Oh, and did I mention this was all after outlet shopping and trying to climb and tree to get some mistletoe? Yup, it was a fun and full day. I hope to do something similar again soon!









4 comments:

baby said...

Tre bon, merci. Bon anni.

Steve and Leslie (and Tucker, too!) said...

Hi Eve! I've been wondering when you would update your blog! I'm jealous of your adventures in Europe, Steve and I miss it, especially this time of year. Enjoy your last few months there, and we'll see you when you get to Killeen! (Rick is still going to Ft. Hood, right?) Keep posting pictures so all of us living stateside can live vicariously through you!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That church is gorgeous!!

They really have two aisles of yogurt in France? They must have really happy digestive systems! :)

No, I'm not sure what that vegetable is, or what that first plate of food was. Not sure I would try it, either. I'm not a very adventurous eater. Maybe I should be. I could be missing out on a lot of delicious food! Either that, or I might be saving myself from a gut-ache! :)

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. I hope you have a lovely day! Beth.

evelania said...

Yes, we're talking serious yogurt eaters in France!

I don't know what the vegetable is either but the plate of food was pate. I think there's an accent somewhere on the word pate but I don't speak French or have a French keyboard.

It is so fun that France is only an hour or two away!