Monday, July 12, 2010

It has been forever so I will give you a little update:

We left here:


Looked at a lot of these...


Finally decided on this...


We're not sure about our decision. The more we find out about the house, the more work we realize needs to be done. Our neighbors don't talk to us and our ward doesn't know we exist. At least we're only here for a couple of years. Although, I am hoping that things will change and we will come to like it here.

We looked for these...

Finally ended up ordering some off the internet {hey, I read the comments} but they just didn't fit us--even though they are simple and cute. So we had to box them back up {BIG pain in the ****} and return them.

Decided to paint all of our brassy doorknobs...

To this...
Just kidding, that is only the primer. They are still in the finishing phase.

Decided to paint the laundry room...

And thought, wow, that paint sample is going a long way. So I kept painting. Went back to the store for another paint sample, cuz dang, it's a lot cheaper than paint. Found out that's cuz it's not "real paint". So, I wasted time doing that instead of just painting a spot on the wall to test the color. Not sure you can even tell one wall is a blueish-grey because it reflects on the other walls. I'm waiting until Sherwin-Williams is having there Anniversary Sale this coming weekend with 40% off. I'm also really liking some Benjamin Moore colors but the closest store is 25 miles away. Did I mention we live in the middle of nowhere?

Do you like my washer & dryer. I love them.

I would love to give you more pictures of our house but I can't because we're still in moving mode. But hopefully those will come soon enough. I'm stressed out just thinking about it!

11 comments:

Katie Webb said...

Hey, its good to hear from you. Where are you guys living now? Your house looks beautiful! We are leaving Korea in 50 days. The kids and I will be in Utah for 3 months while my husband goes to Alabama for some schooling. Then we're moving to Ft. Hood, TX. We can't wait to get out of here! 2 years has been enough for us!

Melanie said...

hey! where are you guys living now? congrats on your house! I'm so jealous! looks like your doing well!

Infarrantly Creative said...

Regarding the hinges...paint them as normal. Light coats! I let mine cured one week before I used them.

baby said...

I'm glad I thought to check your blog. Great update. Thanks, yo' Mama.

MediocreMama said...

Eve, nice to meet you! Which one was your brother? I knew all the guys in that office for the mostpart. Your house looks awesome!

Holyoke Home said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by Holyoke Home! The kitchen wall color is by Benjamin Moore, and it's called Heaven on Earth.

cathy said...

The house looks beautiful, I love brick houses and good job on those knobs. miss ya tons
CATHY

Ronda Batchelor said...

Sorry you are not getting such a great recption in your new home, give it time!! Thanks for the comment, and yes I'm taking lots of pictures.

Ronda

Anonymous said...

Hi Eve! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your nice comments! The paint sprayer was a low pressure/low volume sprayer that works well for latex paint. We bought it at Harbor Freight (which you can also order online) for around $20! It is the pnuematic kind that hooks up to our air compressor. I never had good luck with the electric ones and took them back for a refund.

Ronda Batchelor said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and the comment. You should check into buying the kit. Sounds like it would cost less and you would have it for next time.
Ronda

House of Smiths said...

Hey!
We just used a regular piece of standard beadboard from the home improvement store :) Nothing special.
We DID cut it down to size though, to fit in the frame.
hope that helps!