Friday, June 20, 2008

Korean Food

Rick got the bi-bem-bop (not accurate spelling) and I got a noodle soup. Imagine being super hungry after hiking a crazy mountain and trying to quench your hunger with Korean Food. We found the above.
Notice the random sprouts and weeds in Rick's food. Looks scary, tastes primitive but not too bad compared to other Korean foods. We're technically not supposed to eat chicken or eggs because of the bird flu that has been discovered recently in Korea. That makes me wonder, do you know about all the fuss going on with the importation of beef to Korea from the United States? There have been protests everywhere in Korea, major protests. I don't even remember the U.S. having mad cow disease about 5 years ago. I think the Koreans are mad because we are taking away from their beef workers if we import beef from the U.S. But seriously, do they realize how much we are helping their economy and defense? We are spending billions of dollars with the Army here!!!
Opps, I was talking about food. Here are some more pictures. Spicy food, pickled food--those are about the 2 varieties of food they have here.
And then you're thirsty after eating all that spicy food and all you've got are tiny stainless steel cups to fill water up with. Those cups are maybe 2.5 inches high and 1.5 inches around, don't quote me on that. This meal pictured above Rick ordered. No idea what it was, he just pointed to a picture. He said it was beyond spicy. At this point, kimchi wasn't even spicy to him because this was a 1,000,000 on the spice-o-meter! I only touched it with my tongue to believe him. On the other hand, my dish was delish! I was able to find Pasta Bolognse (which I can't spell either )! I was in heaven while my husband was in he**.

2 comments:

Katie Webb said...

You don't know me, but someone with the last name Kroeber commented on my blog and told me about yours because my husband and I just got orders to Korea! I've had so much fun looking at your pictures. I have about a MILLION questions about going to Korea. I'm not supposed to go over there with him, but I'm going to. Anyway, I'd love to ask you some questions if you have time. my email is ck.webb@hotmail.com. Thanks. ~Katie

The Kroebers said...

Eve, that girl who commented above is a friend of a friend whose blog I was looking at last night. Like she said her husband has orders to go to Korea in a few months. I thought you might be able to answer some of her questions. I hope that's okay that I told her about your blog. I figured that you had some experience on the subject. Thanks, Heather