Thursday, May 29, 2008

Army Wives!!!


It seems like forever but Army Wives is coming back to the screen! I so excited. I so I so excited! (you gotta sing that in your head). The faster it comes out on TV, the faster it comes out on DVD and then you can just watch all the episodes at your leisure or at your opposite of leisure :) The Lifetime Series of Army Wives is actually based on a book, a non-fiction book by Tanya Biank. I had no idea the show was based on real characters and events. I'm right in the middle of reading the book and wanting to read slower to savor it but read faster to find out what happens. Next season starts up on June 8th...I am seriously thinking about having a countdown but I will most likely have to wait to watch it anyway. At least it's starting up again! Hallelujah!

3 comments:

The Kroebers said...

I have actually never seen this show but have thought I'd like to watch it. I didn't know it was a book though. Maybe I'll read the book and then get the dvd's. Thanks for the recommendation.

evelania said...

Just finished reading the book and it is sad but I'm glad I read it. (The book and TV series are not identical.) Borrow the book from the library and if they don't have it, request it to be ordered. I have the DVDs and will lend them out if you want. For some reason, Lifetime isn't selling the DVDs but I found them online through another source.

Unknown said...

You might enjoy this Mr. Media podcast interview with Katherine Fugate, creator of Lifetime TV's hit series "Army Wives." She talks about Season Two, working with Kim Delaney and Catherine Bell, being a writer on "Xena," and life with her aunt, Barbara Eden ("I Dream of Jeannie").