Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On The Subway

Finally, something we can understand!
We got a kick out of these the other day on the subway. (Yes, the strangest things amuse us.) Luckily, there are pictures to go along with the words so we more or less get the message. I have to say getting around in Korea definitely has it's challenges. Sometimes there are signs in places that I think might be important but I really have no idea what those signs are saying. For all I know, it could be "Quicksand ahead, stay back!". The language is so different I can't even try and guess what these symbols mean. Yes, I had planned to take a Korean class but I haven't quite done that yet. Anyway, enough about me, onto funny Korean things!
Yes, that man is pinching her buttocks. I haven't quite noticed that yet but I have noticed older men reeking of alcohol nighttime or midday. It's fairly common for men to get sloshed in the bars before coming home.

But I do have to say that if you have young children in Korea they will get stopped, touched, and ooh-ed and aah-ed at just about anywhere you go. I can't figure out if this is because the people I'm with who have kids are non-Korean kids or just super cute kids but Koreans really like the kids I roll with.
No making out in the subway. Got that? Wait until you're outside to make-out, you might make the guy sitting next to you extremely jealous.
I can't exactly figure out what is going on here. Is he drunk and spilling on her (look at his eyes) or is he just drinking and spilling? What do you think?
Although there aren't many beggars I've seen compared to what I'm used to, you do get the occasional person walking through the subway possibly with a music player around their neck and a white cane. They seem rather humble and not expectant of receiving money and I often give in but would rather help them out with food or something else.
The seats on the subway do seem rather small probably because Koreans are generally tiny but I don't like getting pinched between seat hoggers either way! Or maybe that's the picture below...what is the picture above saying? Don't poke girls in the chest or don't read over someones shoulder?
And that's today's edition of subway findings. Join us next time for something else about Korea!

4 comments:

Rebecca Reid said...

very funny!

Melanie said...

Thats great they have pictures that relate! The funny thing is the people look American!

Anonymous said...

Hiya! These are great pictures, Eve. I love the running commentary- very funny. :)

Mike and Kristin said...

Um, those pretty much rocked! I just found your site today. I'm glad you started a blog.