Thursday, May 8, 2008

Food in Korea

I like Gimbap and for me that is a big step! It might be because our last night in Tokyo we ate at the famous restaurant Kill Bill was filmed in, Gonpachi. We got one of the fixed menus and I had no idea what I was eating. This is different for me because I generally consider myself not a seafood person. This was actually good, it didn't even taste like how fish smells, and I wasn't stuffed afterwards. I only wish we would have taken pictures of what we were eating. This is a picture of gimbap (which I thought was Kimbap until I googled it).
I don't think there is any seafood in gimbap except seaweed perhaps but it's still adventurous eating.

Did you know there was such a thing as black garlic? Neither did I, until I drank some. It kind of tasted like molasses.

Black garlic inside a cup for all you non-believers.
A new discovery--Ritz crackers with yogurt. Has anyone seen these in the States? I think it is so weird when I find out a brand name I am used to sells something in another country I have never seen before. I feel betrayed or something, shouldn't they disclose this information on their box or somewhere on their website? Maybe it's there, I haven't checked.
A regular old Ritz cracker with a bit of sweet yogurt.
Something else amusing we found this "Good Restaurant" sign. I'm sure it is good and a rating system of sorts (like Zagats) but how simple the words "good restuarant" are.
Maybe there's a money back guarantee in case you're not satisfied.

4 comments:

Mike and Kristin said...

Yum! I want to go to Tokyo and eat sushi.

Amy said...

You should bring back a couple bulbs of that black garlic and plant it! Or send it to me and I'll plant it:)

evelania said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said...

yum yum...ritz yogurt!