Friday, July 25, 2008

KORAIL


I cannot pass up posting about our mode of transportation throughout Korea!



Dear KORAIL Subway System,

You have been so good to us. We can get where we need to go because of you. Not only are you clean and on time but you are inexpensive too! I am so glad you visit us all the way up in Dongducheon, and even go to Soyosan Mountain where we still want to go. You are very popular and have many visitors daily. I am glad I can put my things up above on the racks and never think that they might get stolen. I also appreciate that you are so easy for sellers to walk up and down the aisle trying to sell me stuff I never knew existed. Yes, I did buy 3 pairs of sport sleeves even though I'd never worn the first pair I bought a month ago. I bought a gloucosomine patch even though I couldn't understand all the benefits associated with it. And yes, I bought the cucumber slicer. This little gadget slices cucumbers so thin you can practically see through them. It was very amusing when the salesperson put them all over their face. A few minutes later another salesperson came through slicing cucumbers but this time proceeded to put the slices on other people's faces. Oh that was a good one! I also bought fans that turn into sun hats and some regular old fans but way cheaper than in the market. Shopping while traveling on your efficient train always brightens up my day!

Oh, Korea Subway, you are too good to us. You are speedy and reliable and you keep growing!

May you always remain wonderful,

me
Rick checking out the map
A door that leads to the other cars on the train, choo-choo!
See, nice and clean

People actually care about the elderly here, these seats are set aside for them and they are red as opposed to the normal blue seats. Thing is, men have priority in Korea. Sometimes I'll see a woman give up her seat to a man even if they are about the same age, no thank you.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Clay said...

This is exactly why we blog. What a brilliant review! It's like I was there in person. Thanks for your thoughtful and creative entries, they cut Amy and I to shreds. We laugh so hard.

Erica said...

amen to you sista! women all the way!

Rebecca said...

why do men get priority? that's weird. I thought women got the respect everywhere....we should.

Anonymous said...

I so loved this blog! Yes, Korail, you are good to all who enter! The venders were my favorite. By the way, I bought four pairs of sport sleeves there and didn't wear them at all, but my mom saw a pair while I was unpacking and went nuts. I guess the ladies in her biking club have them and paid a million dollars for them while I got them for a steal at 2 for 5,000 won. Now I have one happy mother!

baby said...

From Mama Olive: What a great blog. You have a gift. Very well done. I'd love to ride that transit (instead of BART).