Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Nanta

A few weeks ago we attended a performance of Nanta


We had a fun time. Nanta is a rhythmical theater show about cooking. When it tours outside of Korea the show is called Cookin'. It was fun to do a "night thing" because in Seoul we usually just do tourist stuff during the day. But I think my favorite part about it was the dinner beforehand. I think we had the best bulgogi yet! Seriously, if I would have known how good bulgogi was, I would have tried it more often. The thing about eating out at Korean restaurants is you usually sit on the floor. Sitting on the floor is okay for a short time but not for too long. Also, the places we've been are buffet style, so you have to get up and get your own stuff and then cook it over the fire in front of you at your table. This is okay for starters but honestly, if I go out to a restaurant, I don't want to have to worry about cooking my own food. Anyway, at this place we ate before the show, since we were on a tour with other people, the other lady at our table cooked the food at our real-live table; long legs and everything. Plus, the food was so delicious! The only sad thing is, our pleasant experience was over so quickly. We were sitting there, enjoying our meal, when, without any notice, we we told by our tour guide that we had to leave. No notice, nothing. So here Rick and I are trying to finish our last bites and get some water before our tour left us! And the other sad thing was, we showed up to the performance like 45 minutes early. Have no fear, we snuck some of our favorite Macadamia nut chocolates into the show only to find out later I got some chocolate on Rick's new fancy shirt. Luckily it came out and doesn't he look so good in it pictured above?

After the show we were on the bus back to our starting point. Suddenly the bus makes the wide U-turn in the middle of the street. Some U-turns in Korea require buses to do that (I'm not sure about it--they've got different U-turn laws) but this was weird-ER. Anyway, we look in the distance to see a ton of beef protesters with their candles in the middle of the street. Later that night we saw more protesters before finding our way to Namdaemun. There we found a few bargains before calling it a night. All in all we had a great time!

3 comments:

baby said...

Wow. You got the bum's rush on that one. Yes, I love a man in blue. And how about Ms. Pink? Hmmmm.

Mama Olive

Tiffany said...

Hey! You look so familiar I am sure we have probably ran into each other on post. :) You will have to catch me at church on Sunday, we usually have a lunch here at my house on Wednesdays of every week and a bunch of wives come over to hang out and everybody brings a dish. Its really fun. Love the pictures, where is the waterfall again? Keep in touch, I am sure we will see each other this week, lol! :D

Anonymous said...

Is that custom made Itaewon couture(sp)Rick is wearing? He cleans up real nice and you look adorable in your market day special!