Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beginning of Flea Markets


We found this cute little gem shopping at flea market (or some kind of market) in Venice, Italy. We spent a little much for it, especially having no idea what it's worth but isn't it cute? The picture is a little blurry but it is actually next to a measuring tape. It's a set of small scales they probably used in the old days. I'm planning on polishing them so they sparkle. I should take another picture where they are out and you can see just how cute they are!
I'm assuming they are copper but don't really know. Does anyone know how to polish copper?

Oh, and by the way, the hubs is already getting nervous about how much stuff I'm buying. I also got a fabulous set of transferware! Don't know what transferware is? Neither did I but I love it! I'll have to take a picture of those for you too.
Now, if only I could find a tablecloth to go with my new dishes...
Have you ever splurged for something like this? What is your favorite thing you've found at a garage sale/flea market?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

serioulsy where in the world havent you been!!! Im so jealous! And what wonderful finds at flea markets. once again Im jealous! when do you come back to the states?

{Erica} said...

holy cow...i haven't been checking because you said you weren't going to be blogging for a while...i have a bazillion posts to catch up on!!

Annie said...

I'm drooling! Garage sale and Annie are practically synonymous. I even dream about finding treasures at garage sales. My best find? hum...well the most reason awesome finds have been in the kiddo department. I found this garage sale once in Marin County where the lady was getting rid of way cute designer kids clothes some of which still had the tags on. She gave me a hug bag and said, "stuff it with whatever you can fit and give me $20." That was an awesome find I tell ya.