Tuesday, October 21, 2008

YES on Prop 8



I realize I haven't written my own words about the upcoming election in California and the Presidential Election. Things have been quite hectic over here.

My thoughts on prop 8 are deep and solid. I know that moral issues are important and we need to take a stand. We can't just sit back and say "this doesn't effect me". It does, it will.

It seems as now good is considered as bad and bad is being considered good. In our society it is almost looked down upon if a woman decides to stay at home with her family instead of work outside the home. She will not get enough satisfaction, praise, and she will stifle herself serving only her children and spouse is what the world seems to say. And now marriage between a man and a women, the only two who can create life together; essentially the correct pair to build a family is being put to the test. Wouldn't science tell us that a man and women create life? And to create life they first create a bond between themselves, a bond called marriage. And now everybody wants to be married. Where are the limits? I don't think this is about equality. Same-sex gender partners are able to live together and have domestic partner benefits. This is about keeping marriage sacred and between and man and woman. This is about keeping marriage the way science and God intended it. This is about keeping our rights and freedoms as married couple and mothers and fathers of children. The video depicts some of the implications that come come if prop 8 does not pass. Vote YES on Prop 8. update: I also like the way one of the blogs I stalk talked about the issue here.

3 comments:

Katie Webb said...

I'm glad you are posting this kind of stuff. Everyone needs to take a stand and I wish I could vote in the California election. I agree with you 100% on this issue.

evelania said...

thank you :)

baby said...

Well said. It makes such sense.