Monday, October 20, 2008

Munich

Rick had a dental conference in one of the most beautiful places on Earth. I got to tag along. While he was at the conference all day, I got to play! I even went to Munich which is about an hour away.

An Olympic Stadium site in Garmish, Germany. It was so beautiful with the changing colors of the leaves.


Pictures do not do it justice. It is so beautiful.


Horse and buggy ride you could take.


The view from a bobsled type ride we went on 4 times!

Breathtaking view from our hotel.
(I wrote this part before Alrighty, for some reason this whole post might just be underlined. I do not know why . strange. I guess the underline-man wants some more action! Anyway, to show that I am not all serious and politics, this is Munich:I was getting fancy with the black & white style :) This building is on the main square, a name I forget. I think it is a government office. At certain hours throughout the day, you can watch a "show" of a big cukoo clock type thing. If that's not good explanation, I don't know what is!
This set was given to one of the Queens when she took her throne. It is like a 100-in-1 chest-like set. It includes dishes, makeup pouches, haircare products, sewing supplies--everything! I think it was her traveling chest/suitcase. Probably all gold too, but that's only a guess.
The main square in Munich. Cute buildings.


Rick's present to me ;)
Seriously, look at all those jewels!


The door where Hitler did his thing. I believe he was taken from here into prison, where he wrote Mein Kampf. When passing this door you always had to salute Hitler (hail) and if you didn't you were taken in, questioned, and sometimes force was used. So, people started using an alley way to the left of this door so they wouldn't have to walk in front and salute. It became nicknamed something I forget but it also has a yellow stripe to represent where people walked. I don't think I got a picture of the alley though. I'm thinking they used yellow because didn't Jewish people have to wear yellow pieces of cloth on their clothing? Does anyone know?

Does anyone know how to underline and un-underline???

ps, if you think Germany is beautiful, just wait until you see our pictures from Italy and Switzerland.

4 comments:

baby said...

Way to go.

Mama Olive

Ali said...

WOW! It looks beautiful from your pictures. That is so cool that you are having so many grand adventures in Europe already!

Erica said...

welcome back to the world of blogging and munich!

lisa salles said...

Hi Eve!
How are you? I love the pics. I hope you will put up more! Post them on snapfish or shutterfly or something!
Hope you are well in your travels!