Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cherry Blossoms

We got to be in Japan for Cherry Blossom Time! I don't know exactly how long it is but it is really short. I guess I should say instead that I don't know exactly how short it is because the blossoms were already starting to fall off!



We should have got a picture of the line of the people waiting to see the cherry blossom trees lit up later that night. It was a LONG line. We wondered what everyone was waiting for and finally found someone that spoke English. He found out for us what they were waiting for and we were surprised--seriously you would have thought people were lining up for free homes or something. I guess there are 12 million people who live in Tokyo!!! The people below were crowding around this tree to get a picture.




We enjoyed watching them while munching on some roasted yams or sweet potato. We don't know, but whatever it was, it was yummy.



More Cherry Blossom Trees


6 comments:

Rebecca Reid said...

You're so cute! Love the cherry blossoms: when were you in Japan or are you there now?

Ali said...

It is so pretty! Did you cut bangs?

evelania said...

We were in Japan last month and yes, I cut bangs--this great hairstylist in SF I was referred to! Wouldn't mind going back to Japan--there is so much to see and do and it is such a safe place!

Lovell Family said...

love the pictures....I had those roasted potatoes on my mission...one korean family would make them and just leave them out in a bowl for snacks....we ate them room temp but they were so sweet and good...

Mike and Kristin said...

Pretty pictures! I do like the bangs they are very cute on you.

Erica said...

fyi, you're freaking beautiful girl! how'd rick get so lucky?!?!