Monday, April 28, 2008

Soldier First, Dentist Second

This is a bummer week and will be a bummer few weeks. Rick is in the field and will be there forever! I mean, for a few weeks. Besides his normal field training, he will be doing additional field training for something I will mention later if possible (top secret stuff okay :) I took a picture of him one day before he left for other training and this isn't even all his gear!

The kevlar (spelling?) they have to wear is so heavy I don't even like lifting it, let alone imagining wearing that around. So for all you who think that being a dentist in the Army is just being a dentist, think again. When you're in the Army, you're a soldier first. There are dentists in Iraq and other scary places. Please remember the troops in your prayers. Amen.

2 comments:

Rebecca Reid said...

Wow quite the getup to go fight cavities. I'll be thinking of you and your family! Hang in there!

The Kroebers said...

Now you know why Chris has neck problems. All those years of wearing those heavy helmets. I like this picture. It's all rather familar to me.