Tuesday, April 29, 2008

We Love Packages

Imagine our surprise when we got a package. Hmmm, I honestly could not figure it out when Rick called to tell me that there was a package at his office. We get mail a little slow here sometimes, if we're lucky to get it at all (stop stealing my mail, or burning it or whatever you do so you don't have to deliver it!). I digress, sorry.

Rick's birthday was LAST week so that didn't occur to me when he told me at whatever time it was in the middle of the night that he got a package. Yup, middle of the night--you heard me. He had to go to the office to catch up on some things, no 9-5 business going on here AND it was a Saturday night. Wow, I cannot focus tonight. As a was saying we got all this in the mail!!! Happy surprise to him/us!
Did he (we) score or what! And I got a cute little tee-shirt to go with it--go Sooners! We are extremely lucky that we have an Aunt and Cousin who love to show us they love us, especially while overseas :) I think we'll have to just stay overseas for a few more years... Thank you Rose & Jade for showing us you care. We were super excited and surprised and we love the yummy goodies and card.

Rick's mom also sent a package super early for his birthday. In fact, he even opened it early, opps. He (but I really say me) got a ward cookbook from his home town, a cool microwavable Tupperware dish, and some yummy chocolate. Rick loved the cookbook because it had historic facts about his hometown but I don't think he'll ever actually use it. Well, at least not on his own, he might if I was there to coach (read: force) him. Thank you Sharon & Calvin for being so great about sending care packages, we sure know you care about us!

No comments: