Monday, April 28, 2008

Toyota Tour

While in Japan, we went to Odaiba Island, which is a man-made island from what I understood. All the buildings on it look really new and I think they've made an Olympic stadium of sorts (I guess South Korea is bidding for the Olympics?). We got to ride around on a mechanically operated tram (nobody was manning the wheel) and see the sights. We spent lots of time in the Toyota model building. They have ride simulators which is like you're playing a video game but you feel the vibrations and movement. They had a car ride for kids, a race car ride and lots more. Here are some pictures we thought were worth taking. Unfortunately, I think we forgot to get one of me a my new Lexus, darn!
Car for one, please!
I'm pretty sure these are personal cars, or people movers or something cool.
Above is the video game-like simulator.
Most of the cars we were allowed to sit in and play with all the equipment, but not these. We never really thought about that at the time but I wonder if these are super top notch secret Toyota jewels.


I think it moves up and down depending on how fast you want to go or wind resistence or something.
We thought this was cool but I can't remember why. I think it's a hybrid engine...ahh, I forget. We wanted Rick's dad to see this picture and any other mechanics who might think it's interesting..
Up close and personal

1 comment:

Amy said...

Glad to see someone's building something besides Hummers and SUVs! Where can I buy one of those...?